Premiere – Tuesdays @ 7PM MT
Where? Please view the LIST of current carriers of The Rural Channel
About Market Journal
Market Journal is an educational outreach effort presented by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) which began airing in 1999 and has since produced over 800 episodes. Episodes consist of interviews and news stories with university researchers and extension specialists, farmers and other industry professionals. Market Journal tackles timely issues impacting agriculture, presenting information in an easy-to-understand manner. Content is targeted toward Midwestern farmers and ranchers, but information presented is applicable to all corn, soybean, wheat and livestock producers. Stories of a more global scope are also reported on from time to time.
Hosted by Troy Moling and produced by Mattie McIntosh, Market Journal provides:
• current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis
• weather, climate and soil moisture updates
• proven marketing and management ideas
• overviews of economical situations in the U.S. and abroad
• risk management strategies
• updates on current agricultural policy issues
• practical advice from seasoned, working producers
• opportunities to share information and ideas
• access to the resources of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension
In addition to its weekly broadcasts, the program is also available on-demand. Market Journal segments can be viewed through the free mobile app available on iTunes and the Google Play stores. This app was named by Successful Farming Magazine and Agriculture.com as the Top Farm Management Business App in 2012. Alternatively, Market Journal segments – as well as full episodes – can be viewed online at mj.unl.edu, and clips are also available on YouTube and through a weekly podcast accessible through iTunes. Viewers can also stay connected with Market Journal through social media where the program maintains an active presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For more information on Market Journal, please visit their website.